POCANTICO HILLS CAMP PROGRAM
The school district operates an extensive Day Camp which runs for six weeks each summer. The camp includes a full slate of activities which keeps students who attend the PreK-eighth grade program active and having fun throughout the six-week period. Camping and canoe trips, hikes, arts and crafts, sports activities, swimming lessons and an excellent studio program make our camp one of the very best around. There is time each day for campers to engineer their own activities.
- To build self-esteem in each camper through involved, active participation in crafts, performing arts, sports, games, swimming and outdoor adventure challenges.
- To make every camper feel safe, accepted and worthwhile.
- To provide exciting, memorable educational and recreational activities in a wholesome, healthy climate, maximizing the use of available resources, land facilities and out-of-doors.
- To instill a healthy respect for the benefits of cooperation and an appreciation for group living.
- To provide the finest available adult and young adult role models for the youngsters to identify with and relate to.
- To build group spirit and pride through exposure to the joys and warmth shared in good fellowship.
- To eliminate social barriers which may isolate youngsters, inhibit creativity and self-expression and undermine confidence.
- To provide exposure to myriad fields of interest, hobbies and leisure time alternatives and to build competencies.
- To instill in all children a zest for living an active, interesting life, filled with the joys of accomplishment and adventure.
- To afford older children opportunities to experience responsibility while developing self-control.
- To experience fun and friendship.
For additional information or questions please call 914-631-2440 ext. 104 or e-mail me at email@example.com