PROSPECTIVE BOARD MEMBER INFORMATION
There are two (2) seats available; commencing on July 1, 2023 and expiring on June 30, 2026. Because candidates run at large and not for separate vacancies, all candidates run for all the vacant board seats.
To qualify for membership on a school board, an individual:
- Must be able to read and write,
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age by May 16, 2023,
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election,
- May not have been removed from any district office within the preceding year,
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family,
- May not be a current employee of the school board,
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
PROSPECTIVE BOARD MEMBER RESOURCES / RECURSOS PROSPECTIVOS PARA MIEMBROS DE LA JUNTA
- Nominating Petition / Solicitud de Nominacion de Candidato Para
- Campaign Expenditure Contribution Form / Declaracion de Gastos y Contribuciones
- Running for the School Board / Postulacion para el Consejo Escolar
- WPSBA Workshop for Prospective Board Members / WPSBA Workshop for Prospective Board Members - Spanish Version