Bus Schedules/Transportation Request Form
SCHOOL BUS SAFETY RULES & STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES DURING COVID-19
In order to maintain the safest possible transportation for all Pocantico students we are implementing the following additional safety rules:
Parents, please discuss these rules with your children.
- All families must assure their child is ready to ride before arriving at the bus stop. Make sure your child is feeling well and wearing a face mask.
- Students should be at their stops 5 minutes before their scheduled time and maintain social distancing at school bus stops.
- All passengers must wait for the driver’s direction to enter the bus. One at a time.
- All students will board the bus in a single file and occupy their assigned seats as directed by the bus monitor. Students are not permitted to change their seats at this time.
- Students must stay seated with masks and seatbelts on for the duration of the trip.
- Whenever possible students should refrain from touching surfaces like windows, seats, etc!
- Students should stay seated and wait until the bus driver or monitor directs them before removing their seatbelts and disembarking the bus.
- Be a good passenger. Follow the Bus drivers and monitors instructions at all times.
- No eating or drinking on the bus.
Please note: All students will be assigned to ride the same bus to and from school. Unfortunately, we are not able to allow changes for playdates or other social engagements at this time. If there is an emergency situation requiring a bus change please contact Jane Anastasi at X707, before 2:30 PM or the Principal’s office at X153 and we will do our best to accommodate the situation.
School Bus Transportation
TRANSPORTATION OFFICE GENERAL INFORMATION
Who is eligible?
School bus transportation is available to resident students in grades one through twelve who live beyond a quarter mile of the school. Extra consideration is given to children in Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten.
Transportation is also provided for students attending private and parochial schools within fifteen miles of the child's home. Families with children attending non-public schools are reminded that requests for transportation must be submitted to the school district every year by April 1st of the preceding year. Transportation will follow the calendar of the child's school, however, transportation will not be provided when the Pocantico Hills Central School District is closed.
If you have any questions or special concerns regarding transportation schedules, please call Jane Anastasi at 631-2440 ext. 707 or stop by the Business Office.
Bus routes are developed annually providing stops that are safe and allow the driver to pick up the most children with the least stops. Door-to-door transportation is not provided. Routes are sent home in August of each year.
Please note: This year students will be assigned to a Route Number instead of a specific bus number.
To identify your bus please look for the Red Route number in the window on the passenger side of the bus.
*Times and locations are approximate and subject to change.
Bus riders are expected to be at their bus stops at least five minutes before their scheduled time. Please make sure that your child is aware of the assigned bus stop and designated time. These estimated times might vary due to traffic, number of riders and weather conditions.
If your child will not be using the bus that day, please call the school at 631-2440 ext 707 so others will not be delayed by unnecessary stops.
The district will not provide transportation to any location on the following holidays:
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- The day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day